My first trip to the Greene Street Market this year was a success! Strawberry smell wafting through the air (they tasted just as good as they smelled), mingling with local music greets and draws you into the market. From cupcakes to hummus, fresh produce aren't the only plant-based options you'll find. Learn more about the vegan offerings at the Market on this v-blog with special help from my dogs. Background music by Yomi on squeaky toy.
Hit me up on Facebook and Twitter @VegOutHSV
Greene Street Market can be found next to the Church of the Nativity (208 Eustis Ave SE) in downtown Huntsville. Hours are Thursday evening, 4pm - 8pm
- Heavenly strawberry smell
- Offers both fresh produce and locally made prepared foods
- Buy local!
Chef Will the Palate can be found in front of Lowe Mill (2211 Seminole Drive) cooking away in his trailer from Tue - Thu 12pm - 6pm, Fri 12pm - 8pm, Sat 12pm - 6pm
You can also find him at the Greene Street Market and other local venues.
- Very vegan friendly
- Try his portabello mushrooms
- Masterful chef
- Ask and you shall receive
- Buys local when possible
- Get portabellos now!
Their hours are Mon - Thurs 10am - 6pm, Fri 10am - 7pm, Sat 10am - 5pm
They can also be found at the Greene Street Market and other venues around town.
- Gluten free bakery
- Very allergy friendly
- Delicious cupcakes - try the Cookie Monster
- Sugar overdose
- Offers paleo and vegan fare
The Hummus People can be found at the Greene Street Market, along with other farmer's markets and Juice Bar Huntsville.
- Very healthy, no oil!
- Flavorful without being overly salty
- Cool people
Harvest Roots Farm are based out of Falkville, but can be found every week at the Greene Street Market.
- Tasty greens
- They offer hard to find water kefir
- Kefir contains friendly bacteria your stomach needs
- Kefir makes you feel like you are drinking soda, with none of the nasty parts
- Great Instagram account